We're Hiring - Motor Trimmer
With growing demands, we seek another passionate and experienced Motor Trimmer, either a master or an emerging star, to join our team to restore/replace the interiors, upholstery, and hoods of classic, prestige and vintage cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
About the Business
Finch Restorations is Australia's oldest car restoration business and is still growing.
We have a multi-skilled team working on classic cars, trucks & motorcycles from Australia, USA, UK, Japan & Europe, spanning 1900-1990.
We are located at Mt Barker in the Adelaide Hills just 20 minutes up the South-Eastern Freeway from the Old Tollgate.
About the Role
- Assess upholstery requirements of vehicles.
- Research and develop design schemes and specifications, and discuss options of styles, materials, and colours with clients.
- Source upholstery materials.
To be eligible, you will:
- Be an experienced Motor Trimmer with a portfolio of high-quality projects in high-grade leathers, vinyls, and fabrics.
- Experience restoring classic and/or vintage cars, trucks or motorcycles is desirable.
- Experience refurbishing timber veneers is desirable.
- Be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work in Australia.
Why work for Finch?
- Opportunities: With over two dozen personnel, Finch Restorations can offer great opportunities for craftspeople with the right experience, skills, and attitude to make their marks as professional restorers and remanufacturers of classic and historical vehicles.
- Multi-skilled team: Our team is multi-skilled and has a passion for preserving and restoring classic and historic vehicles and knowledge sharing allows you to grow your own skill set.
- Crafts-based environment: We work on a broad range of vehicles in a diverse, skilled, crafts-based environment.
- Work-life balance: we offer a better work-life balance than the crash-repair industry typically can. We offer flexible work arrangements with options of early/late starts/finishes and 9-day fortnights.
If you are passionate about restoring cars, have an eye for detail, take pride in your work, can work as part of a team, and have a positive “can do” attitude with appropriate trade experience as a panel beater or coachbuilder, then we are keen to hear from you.
Please submit your Resume via email to
Applications close Monday, 15 May 2023 (unless filled prior).