About the Business
We are family-run Finch Restorations, Australia's oldest vehicle restoration business. Head-quartered in the picturesque Adelaide Hills, we are just 20 minutes from the Old Toll Gate along the South-Eastern Freeway.
We work on an extensive variety of vehicles built from 1900 to 1990 completing anything from ground-up restorations to specific scopes.
With over two dozen personnel, we can offer great opportunities for craftspeople with the right experience, skills, and attitude to make their mark as a professional restorer and remanufacturer of classic and historical vehicles.
About the Role
To be eligible, you will:
- Be an experienced Motor Trimmer with a portfolio of high-quality projects in high-grade leathers, vinyls, and fabrics (essential).
- Have experience restoring classic and/or vintage cars, trucks and/or motorcycles of 30-120 years of age (desirable).
- Be able to research and develop design schemes and specifications, and discuss options of styles, materials, and colours with clients as well as source materials (desirable).
- Be able to visualise the end-product, have a great eye for detail, and take great pride in your work.
- Be enthusiastic and organised with a positive outlook, a 'can do' attitude, and ability to work alone as well as work effectively as a team member within a team of other craftspeople of multiple trades.
Having other automotive skillsets would be highly regarded.
While the role is intended as full-time, a part-time arrangement might be accommodated.
Why work for Finch?
- Opportunities: With over two dozen personnel, Finch Restorations can offer great opportunities for craftspeople with the right experience, skills, and attitude to make their marks as professional restorers and remanufacturers of classic and historical vehicles.
- Multi-skilled team: Our team is multi-skilled and has a passion for preserving and restoring classic and historic vehicles and knowledge sharing allows you to grow your own skill set.
- Crafts-based environment: We work on a broad range of vehicles in a diverse, skilled, crafts-based environment.
- Work-life balance: we offer flexible work arrangements including a nine-day fortnight if desired.
If you are passionate about restoring cars, have an eye for detail, take pride in your work, can work as part of a team, and have a positive “can do” attitude with appropriate experience as a motor-trimmer, then we are keen to hear from you.