We're Hiring - Professional Panel Beater
Are you an experienced Panel Beater or Coachbuilder seeking great variety and pride in the work you perform?
Do you seek a change from Insurance time-allowances?
Do you want to grow your skills and develop coachbuilding experience?
Finch Restorations seek a passionate and experienced panel-beater with a positive attitude.
We offer excellent wages for the right people.
About the Business
Finch Restorations is Australia's oldest car restoration business and is still growing.
We have a multi-skilled team working on classic cars, trucks & motorcycles from Australia, USA, UK, Japan & Europe, spanning 1900 to 1990.
We are located at Mt Barker in the Adelaide Hills just 20 minutes up the South-Eastern Freeway from the Old Tollgate.
About the Role
We seek a passionate, experienced, and qualified Panel Beater to join our Panel Shop team to repair the rust and 'battle damage’ accumulated on vehicles of 30-120 years of age.
- Assess repair requirements of vehicles.
- Fabricate rust repair panels with specialist tools.
- Repair rust and accident damage on and vehicle bodies and chassis.
To be eligible, you will:
- Have at least 10 years of suitable experience as a panel-beater or coachbuilder.
- Experience restoring classic and/or vintage cars, trucks or motorcycles is desirable.
- Be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work in Australia.
Why work for Finch?
- Opportunities: With over two dozen personnel, Finch Restorations can offer great opportunities for craftspeople with the right experience, skills, and attitude to make their marks as professional restorers and remanufacturers of classic and historical vehicles.
- Multi-skilled team: Our team is multi-skilled and has a passion for preserving and restoring classic and historic vehicles and knowledge sharing allows you to grow your own skill set.
- Crafts-based environment: We work on a broad range of vehicles in a diverse, skilled, crafts-based environment.
- Work-life balance: we offer a better work-life balance than the crash-repair industry typically can. We offer flexible work arrangements with options of early/late starts/finishes and 9-day fortnights.
If you are passionate about restoring cars, have an eye for detail, take pride in your work, can work as part of a team, and have a positive “can do” attitude with appropriate trade experience as a panel beater or coachbuilder, then we are keen to hear from you.
Please submit your Resume via email to
Applications close Monday, 15 May 2023 (unless filled prior).