We're Hiring - Automotive Refinisher / Spray Painter
We seek a passionate Automotive Refinisher / Spray Painter, either a ‘gun’ or a talented emerging star, to join our team to apply quality paint systems to a wide variety of classic, prestige and vintage cars, trucks, and motorcycles.
About the Business
We are family-run Finch Restorations, Australia's oldest and largest vehicle restoration business. Head-quartered in the picturesque Adelaide Hills, we are just 20 minutes from the Old Toll Gate along the South-Eastern Freeway.
We work on an extensive variety of vehicles built from 1900 to 1990 completing anything from ground-up restorations to specific scopes. Normally, we build paint systems from the base substrate outwards and apply a range of finishes from prestige or authentic, through to repairing old patinas.
Why work for Finch?
- Opportunities: With over two dozen personnel, we can offer great opportunities for craftspeople with the right experience, skills, and attitude to make their marks as professional restorers and remanufacturers of classic and historical vehicles.
- Multi-skilled team: Our team is multi-skilled and has a passion for preserving and restoring classic and historic vehicles and knowledge sharing allows you to grow your own skill set.
- Crafts-based environment: We work on a broad range of vehicles in a diverse, skilled, crafts-based environment.
- Work-life balance: we offer a good work-life balance and flexible work arrangements with options of early/late starts/finishes and 9-day fortnights.
Your skills, experience and qualifications will include:
- Being a qualified Refinisher / Spray Painter with five to fifteen years of experience and a demonstrable portfolio of quality projects (essential).
- Experience restoring and refinishing classic and/or vintage cars, trucks and/or motorcycles of 30-120 years of age (desirable).
- Able to visualise the end-product, have a great eye for detail, and take great pride in your work.
- Being enthusiastic and organised with a positive outlook, a 'can do' attitude, and ability to work alone as well as work effectively as a team member within a team of other craftspeople of various trades.
- Able to colour-match and apply consistent quality coatings to vehicle bodies, chassis, frames, and componentry.
- Being an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, a New Zealand citizen, or hold a valid visa with permission to work in Australia.
Other automotive skillsets, particularly panel-beating and/or timber veneer lacquering, would be highly regarded.
Please submit your Resume via email to
Applications close Monday, 15 May 2023 (unless filled prior).