About the Business
We are family-run Finch Restorations, Australia's oldest and largest vehicle restoration business. Head-quartered in the picturesque Adelaide Hills, we are just 20 minutes from the Old Toll Gate along the South-Eastern Freeway.
We work on an extensive variety of vehicles built from 1900 to 1990 completing anything from ground-up restorations to specific scopes. Normally, we build paint systems from the base substrate outwards and apply a range of finishes from prestige or authentic, through to repairing old patinas.
With over two dozen personnel, we can offer great opportunities for craftspeople with the right experience, skills, and attitude to make their mark as a professional restorer and remanufacturer of classic and historical vehicles.
To be eligible, you will:
- Be a qualified Refinisher / Spray Painter with five to fifteen years of experience and a demonstrable portfolio of quality projects (essential).
- Have experience restoring and refinishing classic and/or vintage cars, trucks and/or motorcycles of 30-120 years of age (desirable).
- Be able to visualise the end-product, have a great eye for detail, and take great pride in your work.
- Be enthusiastic and organised with a positive outlook, a 'can do' attitude, and ability to work alone as well as work effectively as a team member within a team of other craftspeople of various trades.
- Be able to colour-match and apply consistent quality coatings to vehicle bodies, chassis, frames, and componentry.
Other automotive skillsets, particularly panel-beating and/or timber veneer lacquering, would be highly regarded.
We offer flexible work arrangements including a nine-day fortnight if desired.