Studebaker was founded in 1852 and as the Studebaker Brothers Manufacturing Company based in Indiana, USA.
The firm originally produced wagons, buggies, carriages and harnesses before diversifying into the fledgling automotive industry in 1902. They first built electric vehicles and then started building internal-combustion vehicles in 1904.
In 1954, Studebaker merged with luxury carmaker Packard to form the Studebaker-Packard Corporation. The Packard marque was phased out, and the company returned to the Studebaker Corporation name in 1962. The last Studebaker automobile rolled off their Canadadian assembly line on March 17, 1966.