Portfolio of Projects
Packard Car Restoration Projects by Finch Restorations
Packard was founded by James Ward Packard, his brother William and their partner, George Lewis Weiss, in Ohio, USA, in 1899. They gained a good reputation for reliability and competitive amongst high-priced luxury Amreican automobiles. By the late 1920s, Packard was the top-selling luxury brand.
In 1953, Packard bought Studebaker and formed the Studebaker-Packard Corporation in Indiana. That was at a time when major competition from the "Big Three' manufactures - Chrysler, Ford and General Motors - was pressuring smaller independent manufacturers to merge to achieve economies of scale.
By the late 1950s the automobile market was flooded by inexpensive cars, and the smaller manufacturers struggled. Studebaker-Packard dropped the Packard nameplate from vehicles in 1959 and from the corporation's name in 1962.
Packard Restoration Projects by Finch Restorations
Packard car restoration projects performed by Finch Restorations in recent times are shown below.