In 1899, the Albion Motor Car Company Ltd was founded in 1899 by Thomas Blackwood Murray and Norman Osborne Fulton. The factory was originally in Glasgow, Scotland, and had only seven employees. In 1903 the company moved to new premises in Scotstoun, Scotland.
In 1931, the company was renamed Albion Motors Limited and in 1951 was purchased by Leyland Motors, which then became part of the British Leyland Motor Corporation in 1968.
In 1972, British Leyland eliminated the Albion name with the products continuing to be built at the same factory under the Leyland brand until 1980 when vehicle production ceased, however component manufacturing continued.
The truck components business in Scotstoun was subject to a management buyout in 1993 and transferred to a newly created company called Albion Automotive. In 1998, Albion Automotive was acquired by American Axle and Manufacturing Company of Detroit which manufactures axles, driveline systems, chassis systems, crankshafts and chassis components.ston MArtin